Monday 11 July 2016

Pre Marital Course in Malaysia

12th July 2013, 7th Syawal 1437


Bismillah hir rahman nirraheem...

When I studying in Adelaide, I've been forced by my ex housemate, Aimi to attend a pre marital course. The course was organised by UMNO Adelaide. We have to pay $50 to attend the course.

It was very helpful, motivated and amazing. To me, if you firmly follow the guidance, your marriage will be fine. InsyaAllah. However, always bear in mind that the purpose of marriage is for the sake of Allah swt. If we love someone because of Allah swt, the love will never die.

I was so proud with the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM), that I told everyone that I met in Adelaide that I've just attended a pre marital course. We, the Malaysian muslims are obligated to attend the pre marital course and take HIV test before marriage. To keep safe our generation and make sure we and our partner are free from HIV as it may spread to others. There's no other country that I know, that legalise this requirement. Not even Indonesia, Brunei and Australia.

Recently, I've been asked by my Australian friend, sister Kate Day about the course. She is planning for her marriage, and want to know what have been taught during the course. So I google it, and found a link from JAKIM. But I need to translate it into English first. Here are the list of the course modul:

Part I
1. Morals
2. Marriage and Procedures
3. Worship
4. Beliefs

Part II
5. Health Management
6. Financial Management and Time
7. Relationships in the Family
8. Communication Spouse

Part III
9. Stress Management
10. Dissolution of Marriage


The list of course modul

References:

  1. Rujukan Modul Pra Perkahwinan JAKIM, http://www.islam.my/rujukan-modul-pra-perkahwinan, updated: 16th May 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment